Edwardian scholars may be interested in the following CFP:
Research Society for Victorian Periodicals (RSVP) Annual Conference
University of Salford, Manchester UK , 12-13 July, 2013
The Research Society for Victorian Periodicals (RSVP) will hold its annual conference at the University of Salford, on 12th and 13th July 2013. Please go to http://www.rsvp2013.com for details of this conference, which offers the opportunity to visit libraries and museums in Victorian Manchester as well as take part in what promises to be an exciting conference.
Proposals for papers that address any aspect of nineteenth-century British magazines or newspapers will be considered. However, this year, we
particularly encourage proposals on ‘tradition and the new’ in nineteenth-century periodicals.
Possible topics might include:
• Tradition, custom, or convention in journalism;
• Histories, representations of antiquity, nostalgia;
• Innovation, novelty and fashion;
• Modernity, Victorian futures;
• Evolution, chronology, or temporality;
• Continuity or disruption in periodical publishing and editing;
• Old and new printing technologies and readerships;
• News; new modes of communication; innovation in finance and business models
• New methods in research and teaching periodicals; the role of the archive.
Please e-mail two-page (maximum) proposals for individual presentations or panels of three to RSVP13@rs4vp.org. Please include a one-page C.V. with relevant publications, teaching, and/or coursework. Final papers should take 15 minutes (20 minutes maximum) to present. The deadline for submissions is February 1st, 2013.